"It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear." --Douglas Adams
I'm stuck in an airport tonight. Our first flight got delayed for several hours on the runway, and we missed our connection by half an hour. The next flight doesn't leave until tomorrow morning. So we'll be sleeping on the floor with hundreds of other weary Christmas travelers.
The happy things:
* We'll be home for Christmas, if only barely.
* We've got lots of leg room, which was in short supply on the plane
* I didn't die of cardiac arrest, which I thought I might after running to catch that flight.
* We have a neck pillow
* I bought 24 hours of wireless Internet access, so I have something to do.
* I also have several books to read
* I even thought to bring food (and I make really good food).
* I'm going home!!!!
I'm exhausted. I should have brought some movies. And the PA system goes off every few seconds paging somebody or other or announcing another flight. It's going to be a rough night.
I just sent David down for some more food. If you're still up and about, you're welcome to get on and chat with me. Or show me your favorite website. Or, you know, whatever.