Monday, February 18, 2008

Ode to "Evil" Drug Companies

I've been sick this past week, to the point that I almost lost my voice. Granted, I wasn't as sick as Ben, but then again, I don't work myself nearly as hard as he does. My roommates threatened to spray me with Lysol in my sleep to keep me from infecting the rest of the apartment. I took (I think) seven different varieties of medicine--some herbal immune-boosting and others pharmaceutical symptom-reducing. I'm sure it did a number on my liver. Luckily, I'm not an alcoholic, so my liver can probably take it.
It made me think of that bit in the book of Alma:
"And there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons of the year were very frequent in the land—but not so much so with fevers, because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate"
(Alma 46:40).
And I, for one, am thankful for whatever part God played in the development of DayQuil.

No comments:

Post a Comment