Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Temple Recommend



I had to leave an event early this evening because of a prior commitment.  As I was leaving, a friend asked where I was going.  
"I have a temple recommend interview at the stake center," I said.
"Oh," he said.  "Well, I hope you get recommended!"
"Oh, I hope so,too!"  

We both meant it as a joke, but for some reason his words have stuck with me.  I really did hope so, because it really is an honor to be recommended to worship in the house of the Lord.  It's a privilege and a joy to go to the temple.  A busy schedule these past two months has prevented me from making the drive, and I have felt the loss.  Lately I have found myself yearning for the familiar peace I feel only when clothed in white, standing in a place filled with the holiness of the Lord's presence.  The temple has become a place I dearly, dearly love.

"“Every temple that this church has built has in effect stood as a monument to our belief in the immortality of the human soul, that this phase of mortal life through which we pass is part of a continuous upward climb, so to speak. And that as certain as there is life here, there will be life there."
--President Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

  1. I would agree with you that it is an honor to be recommended to serve in the temple. I remember serving as a worker and being assigned to the front desk and washing the windows to the entrance and felt it a privilege to just clean the windows.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete